THE CASCADE ROOM
COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
A COMMITMENT TO HEALTH AND SAFETY FOR STAFF AND GUESTS
FIRST LEVEL PROTECTION (ELIMINATION): LIMIT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE AT THE WORKPLACE AND ENSURE PHYSICAL DISTANCE WHENEVER POSSIBLE
To reduce the number of people in The Cascade Room, we are limiting the number of customers in the workplace. We have established and posted a new indoor occupancy limit for our premises; 47. Physical distancing guidelines will still be observed.
- As per the Order of the Provincial Health Officer, we are not accepting groups larger than 6 people.
- We have designated 1 bathroom for staff only, allowing 2 bathrooms for customer use.
- We have implemented measures to keep workers and others at least 2 metres apart, wherever possible, reorganizing kitchen prep tasks/staffing and our service style.
- We have a hand sanitization station at the entrance for guests and staff to use immediately when they enter the front door.
- Start times are staggered for staff to ensure less crowding upon arrival; work teams created so they work together to limit interaction with additional staff.
- Guests will not be allowed to wait for a table inside; they may wait outside, and we will call them when their table is available.
- Return staff have signed a letter to acknowledge our protocol and commitment to safety measures.
SECOND LEVEL PROTECTION (ENGINEERING): BARRIERS AND PARTITIONS
- We have closed off service at the bar to allow staff to work safely behind to prepare bar orders and enter takeout orders only while keeping customers at a safe distance at tables in the dining area.
- We have installed barriers between the fixed booths where physical distancing is not possible; a barrier at either end of the row of booths has been added to protect guests from passing staff and others. We have installed a barrier between the dish area and kitchen line. Barrier cleaning is included in our cleaning protocol.
- All dining tables have been distanced 2m apart; tables and chairs have been removed to allow the spacing.
THIRD LEVEL PROTECTIONS (ADMINISTRATIVE): RULES AND GUIDELINES
We have identified rules and guidelines for how workers should conduct themselves.
(Daily Health Declaration and Staff Conduct Policy (SCP) in place)
Staff Conduct Policy will be available for review upon request.
We have clearly communicated these rules and guidelines to workers through combination of training and signage.
FOURTH LEVEL PROTECTION: USING MASKS (OPTIONAL MEASURE IN ADDITION TO OTHER CONTROL MEASURES)
We have reviewed the information on selecting and using masks and instructions on how to use a mask.
We understand the limitations of masks and other PPE. We understand that PPE should only be used in combination with other control measures.
We have trained workers to use PPE properly, following manufacturers’ instructions for use and disposal.
PPE (masks/gloves) to be used by dishwashers. Gloves used by prep staff.
PPE (masks) to be used by the servers and by all staff who handle soiled glassware/tableware.
PPE to be available for staff who are not mandated to use it.
REDUCING THE RISK OF SURFACE TRANSMISSION THROUGH EFFECTIVE CLEANING AND HYGIENE PRACTICES
We have reviewed the information on cleaning and disinfecting surfaces.
Cascade has enough hand washing facilities on site for all our workers.
Hand washing locations are visible and easily accessed in the kitchen and the bar.
Again, sanitizer will be available for use at the entrance and at each server station.
We have policies that specify when workers must wash their hands and we have communicated good hygiene practices to workers in our SCP. Frequent hand washing and good hygiene practices are essential to reduce the spread of the virus.
We have implemented cleaning protocols for all common areas and surfaces – e.g. washrooms, door handles, light switches, chairs, tables. This includes the frequency that these items must be cleaned (minimum every 30 minutes).
Workers who are cleaning have adequate training and materials (including PPE).
- Menus are single use and will be recycled after each guest.
- Tables, chairs, and any condiments brought to the table will be sanitized between parties to maintain cleanliness.
- POS terminals will be wiped down and sanitized after every use.
DEVELOPING A STAFF CONDUCT POLICY
The SCP ensures that workers and others showing symptoms of COVID-19 are prohibited from the workplace. The SCP also addresses workers who may start to feel ill at work.
All staff will receive has received this policy upon return to work and is available for review.
DEVELOPING COMMUNICATION PLANS AND TRAINING
Training plan to ensure everyone is trained in workplace policies and procedures.
We have posted signage at the workplace, including occupancy limits and effective hygiene practices.
We have posted signage at the main entrance indicating who is restricted from entering the premises, including guests and workers with symptoms.
MONITORING OUR WORKPLACE AND UPDATING OUR PLANS AS NECESSARY
We have a plan in place to monitor risks. We will make changes to our policies and procedures as necessary.
ASSESSING AND ADDRESSING RISKS FOR RESUMING OPERATIONS
We have a training plan around changes to our business, such as new equipment, processes or products.